Frank T Hogg

It's All Wal-Mart's Fault

I was really cooking today, getting a lot done, when Wal-Mart slowed me down.

2 1/2 years ago I bought a TV from them and I went for the extended service policy. That is the first time I've ever done that. I don't think they are worth the money...

Until last May.

My VIZIO TV developed a vertical line on the right hand side and I called for service. Five months, two replacement screens and the problem wasn't fixed. They decided to replace the TV. A fellow from Wal-Mart called and said they had a nice new Toshiba that was better than mine and would I like it. He gave me the model number and I went to Wal-Mart and BestBuy to check it out. Nobody seemed thrilled with the Toshiba. The sales people at Wal-Mart gave me two model numbers for a VIZIO simular to mine and a more expensive LG.

I thought Wal-Mart would likely give me the VIZIO but I gave the guy both model numbers to check out. He said he would send me the VIZIO and I said sure, I was happy. I would have liked the LG better but I couldn't ask them to give me a much more expensive TV than the one I bought the service policy on. The guy said they would ship it out and I'd have it in a week or so.

Three hours later he called back and said the VIZIO was out of stock and could he please send me the LG instead. I said okay and he thanked me. I was really happy now and went out and bought a lottery ticket just in case.

Told you that to tell you this... (Ron Thomason of the Dry Branch Fire Squad said that.)

The TV came today and it is head and shoulders better than the old one and it was free! Well, I had to buy the original service policy for $80. But I got an brand new $800 TV for that. I'm going over to Wal-Mart and buy a service policy on the new one.

And that's why I didn't get much done on the book today.

No comments:

Post a Comment