Frank T Hogg

Cover Blues

Yesterday I took a day off and went with friends to see two plays at the Barter Theatre in Abingdon. They were very good. The first was Cabaret and if I had known what I was in for I would have taken my binoculars. We were in the balcony and my eyesight isn't as good as I would have liked it to be. So, I went with what I could see and used my imagination and it was nice. The second was The Road to Appomattox, a Civil War story. Both were excellent and a nice break from toiling over a hot keyboard all day.

Today I'm struggling with the cover for the book and I'm just about ready to do one with crayon and call it done! I've got something that looks decent and I think I'll go with it for the next few days. I'll revisit it before I publish the book later in the week. I know that all the experts say a good cover is really important and all. But at some point you have to declare it done and move on. I'd much rather write than do this anyway.

Onward and upward...

No comments:

Post a Comment