Frank T Hogg

A Large Milestone

I sent the book off to the publisher today. Well, actually I uploaded it. Anyway, they'll need a couple days to verify I formatted it properly and then I'll get a proof copy to check. Once that's done the book will be available in print form to order from Amazon and others.

During the process of reformenting it for print I also made some corrections and additions that I'll upload over the coming week. If you already bought it then the updated version (1.1) will be available for free.

I'll also be putting it on bookseller's sites such as Apple's iBookstore and others. I'll be very happy when all this is done so I can get back to writing which is why I got into this from the beginning.

UPDATE: I just received confirmation that proof copies are in process and should be here next week. That means I got the formatting right. That may not sound like much to you but the specs were a bit confusing and I wouldn't have been surprised if I got something wrong. I'm really looking forward to seeing my book in print, even if it is only a proof copy, it's still cool.

That would mean that the finished book could be ordered in about two weeks!

UPDATE 2: Less that four hours from the order confirmation I received a shipping confirmation. That's impressive as these are PoD or Print on Demand. They had to process the order, print the 5 proof copies I ordered and ship them, all in under four hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment