Frank T Hogg

It's UP on Barnes & Noble!

It's been 20 years in the making or 66 if you consider that's how long it took to get to this point in my life. Next up is Amazon which I'll tackle over the weekend. Every eBook seller in the world uses the ePub format... Except for Amazon. They use the 'mobi' format. It didn't sound like a big deal because there are converters that convert ePub to mobi, but guess what? Sometimes things don't look quite the same coming out as they did going in. So I have to take the ePub I uploaded to B&N and run it through the converter and see what didn't come through right. Go back to Pages and make some changes. Export that to an ePub file. Run that through the converter. Load that in the Kindle app for the Mac and see if it made it. If not then go back and start over. That should sound frustrating and tedious and it is. After I upload this to all the bookstores on the net I'm going to look into what others have done and see if there is an easier way to do this.

And it all sounded so simple and easy when I started... :)

I'll keep checking and will announce it here when it is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment